The Wanderer Returns: Exhibition in Switzerland and other Autumn Events

 I have just returned from Australia and have been keeping regular updates 'Edges of Australia' on my Magpie blog. It seems impossible that just last week I was walking around in wonderful hot Spring weather on Rottnest Island of the coast of Western Australia.

 After a few days rest I am back in work mode for a busy Autumn.I am delighted to be exhibiting 'Common Threads, Common Land' with Art Textil Sent,  Switzerland. Please join me for the opening and book signing of Stitch Stories on Saturday 19th September at 14.00 if you can. The exhibition continues until 4th October. followed by an exhibition as part of Les Annuelles à Monod, in Le Mans, France from 31st October until 22nd November. at Pavillon MONAD, Parc Theodore Monad. Open Tuesday to Sunday 2-30-5.30pm
Crimson Flower
 Edgelands 1st October -14th November 2015

An exhibition at the Pod Gallery, Savill Building under the invitation of The Royal Landscape . Delighted to show in this wonderful building with its undulating roof shaped like a leaf, merges seamlessly with the tall trees surrounding by the parks and gardens.  Situated in the southeast corner of Windsor Great Park in the Savill Garde. Issy Bean, one of the Royal Parks gardeners is also exhibiting. 

I am also taking part in the events marking the Magna Carta in the exhibition
1215: Runnymede Revisited at St Peter’s Church in Oare. This exhibition also coincides with the East Kent Open Houses tour of the three-week Canterbury Festival.(Strangely enough, both the Swiss and Canterbury exhibition have chosen a poppy related piece for promotion.)
Poppies
'Stitch Stories' has been receiving lots of attention and a review by John Hopper appears in the forthcoming edition of Inspirational magazine alongside a review of Alice Fox's  Natural Processes.(I was delighted to appear in issue 5).
Last, but not least, I am delighted to have been invited to have another book launch in the Medway on LV21 on Saturday 3rd October as part of Fun Palaces weekend.11.00-4.00pm.The crew and ship are featured in the book. 
 stitch-stories-book-launch

 
LV21 by Cas Holmes (photographer Gary Weston)



Comments

jacaranda said…
I have bought your book, "Stitch Stories" and it has been put away for me for Christmas, can't wait to have a look at it.
Penny said…
Have just received your new book and am enjoying it immensely.
AnnieOBTextiles said…
Welcome home Cas. I have just booked for your workshop at Milton Keynes Art Centre in November and really looking forward to a wonderful, inspiring weekend. "Stitch Stories" is on my birthday list so will have to be patient a little while longer before I can look at it.
Cas Holmes said…
Thankyou all. I am overwhelmed by the response to the book. I look forward to seeing you ate MK Anniexx
Robert said…
Thankyou for this blog this is very informative . To know more kindly vist messestand

Popular Posts